Proper eye care is essential to keep your eyes in good condition. To make sure you have healthy eyesight all the time, follow the advice of eye care specialists.
Protect your eyes through practicing these tips from your local eye doctor in Westminster, MD:
1. Get regular eye assessments. A survey from the American Optometric Association (AOA) says that 85% people value their eyesight, however, less than half of that number only schedule eye exams. Eye assessments are effective preventive measures that keep vision problems at bay. Getting an exam keeps your eyes in excellent shape.
2. Avoid destructive habits. Staring at a computer screen for too long can result in eyestrain, blurry vision, dry eyes, headaches, and others. Make sure you look away from the screen from time to time. Moreover, experts recommend resting your eyes by looking 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds will help freshen your sight. If possible, get up and take 15-minute breaks twice during your shift.
3. Eat well and live well. Did you know that smoking makes you vulnerable to optic nerve damage, macular degeneration, and cataracts? To enjoy good eyesight for a long period, quit smoking and start living healthy. This includes eating green leafy vegetables, oily fishes, nuts, beans, eggs, and other non-meat sources for protein. Drink fruit juices for vitamins and minerals, as well.
4. Consult an eye doctor regularly. A common mistake that people tend to make is to consult a doctor only when they are experiencing a problem. Like what we mentioned in the first item, eye exams and doctor visits are excellent preventive measures. It would also help to disclose your overall health history to your eye doctor. This helps identify connections between illnesses.
5. Practice proper eye care. Wearing the right kind of sunglasses will protect your eyes from the sun’s Ultraviolet (UV) rays. Too much exposure to UV rays and other elements makes you susceptible to different eye problems. If you are using contact lenses already, make sure you replace the case every two to three months.
Opti-Care is a full service eye care center that offers exclusive solutions to your problems. Our optometrist in Westminster, MD, can help you pick the right glasses. We also have eye doctors to assist you with your eye care needs.
For more eye care tips, keep checking our site. You can also call us at (410) 795-8670 for more information on our eye products and services.